Our school day starts at 8:30am and finishes at 3:30pm on Monday and Wednesday and 2:30pm on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The building opens to students at 8:15am.
Classes are 1 hour in duration.
Morning break @10:45 for 15 minutes.
Lunch @1pm for 30 minutes.
Students remain onsite for break and lunch and must bring a packed lunch.
In Sandymount Park ETSS first year students study the following core subjects:
Irish, English, Maths, French or Spanish, Science, History, Geography, PE, SPHE, CSPE, Ethical Education.
Students study each of the following option subjects for a minimum of 6 weeks in first year; choosing 2 in Spring to carry forward to Junior Cycle: Music, Art, Business, Home Economics, German, Classics.
One of the following optional Short Courses: Coding, Artistic Performance, Philosophy
All students are required to purchase an iPad from our technology partners Wriggle in the spring prior to school entry. The cost of the iPad, protective case, ebooks, Apps and O365 licence costs approximately €750. This cost covers the three years of Junior Cycle.
School Rules -at a glance
- No phones allowed – put your phone in your locker at the start of the day
- No caffeinated or fizzy drinks allowed
- iPads must be brought to school fully charged each day
- There is no school uniform but we do have a Dress Code – read it under the Policies tab
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have been absent, late or will be leaving early
- Homework is important, follow the instructions given and always do your best
- Be organised – check your timetable and pack your bag the night before
- Be polite and respectful always
Who Do I Contact?
Attendance – email@example.com
Enrolment – firstname.lastname@example.org
General queries – email@example.com
If you have a general concern or query about your child – please contact their tutor
If you have a more serious concern or query about your child’s progress in school – please contact their Progress Leader